Tuesday 5 January 2016

Understanding the Rubric with a Case: Fear, Extravagance, of:

Understanding the Rubric with a Case:

Fear, Extravagance, of:

Let us first understand the dictionary meaning of the
words.
Fear means
1 a feeling of anxiety and agitation caused by the
presence or nearness of danger, evil, pain, etc.; timidity;
dread; terror; fright; apprehension
2 respectful dread; awe; reverence
3 a feeling of uneasiness or apprehension; concern (a
fear that it will rain)
4 a cause for fear; possibility; chance (there was no
fear of difficulty)
Extravagance means
1 a going beyond reasonable or proper limits in conduct
or speech; unreasonable excess
2 a spending of more than is reasonable or necessary;
excessive expenditure; wastefulness
3 an instance of excess in spending, behavior, or speech
Also
The meaning of the whole rubric is: Fear of going
beyond limits, unreasonable excess.

Case: A patient of hair fall came to me & I observed on
his face a lot of anxiety as if he is suffering from a very
severe illness. He uttered with lot of fear on his face:
Doctor, I am suffering from so severe hair fall that I feel
that after a month there will not remain a single hair on
my scalp. Dr. please, please give me some medicine.
So, I considered a fear which is out of proportion to his
illness or suffering. He is considering that he will get
bald within a month. So, I considered two rubrics:
1. Fear, Extravagance, of
along with one more rubric i.e.
2. Praying
Result of Repertorisation:
Opium 2/2
We never think of Opium for a hair fall because we use
to consider only a Materia Medica picture of the Opium.
But, because of proper understanding of the rubrics, one
becomes unprejudiced which Dr Samuel hahnemann
says one of the basic quality Homoeopathic Physician
should possess.
I have prescribed him Opium 30 a single dose followed
by placebo & revived him after 10days when he said in
a very happy mood: Doctor, first time after a long time I
am enjoying my life. Hair fall is 90% reduced & because
of which my anxiety is also disappeared. Thanks!

One more versions of the same rubric:
(Everything in a Frightful appearance) Doctor, you told
me that my disease will be cured within three months.
It’s already 6 months passed. Doctor, whether I will
become all right? Why I am not getting cured? Is there
any major problem?
Dr.prasad.

No comments:

Post a Comment